2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

We had such a wonderful evening on Friday.  We travelled down to Hershey, Pa for the Casting Crowns concert.  It was so nice to have time to spend with adults.  After being with my wonderful daughter all the time...24/7..it's nice to get away and spend some time having adult conversations and relaxing.

Tim drove down and tried to give his mother a heart attack.  Tim has a bad habit of tailgating.  He will wait until the last minute to hit the brakes and even though I have learned not to say anything, but to sit on the passenger side and pray, my poor MIL was a nervous wreck.  She even tried to lay down in the back seat so she couldn't see..LOL.  Finally, Tim decided to give his mom a break and stop tailgating.  Needless to say, I drove home..:)

We arrived in Hershey about 6pm and met up with Pastor Jim and Dorothy and Mohammed and Jennifer Alsafar.  We were planning on a nice dinner at Applebee's but the the wait was 45 minutes so we opted for KFC.  Suprisingly, it was really good.  I love their mashed potatoes anyway, so it was all good.  The conversation made it even better. 

The concert was fantastic.  There were a couple of new groups that I hadn't heard before.  Lindsay McCaul, Royal Tailors and Matthew West.  I was really digging Matthew West.  He had some really powerful songs and his humor was great.  Royal Tailors were pretty good too.  I'm not sure what I would classify their group as, but probably alternative.  Pretty good though.  Lindsay McCaul was good and kind of folksy.  I was very impressed with what a great show Casting Crowns put on.  It was great. 

The best part of the evening was knowing that I was in an arena full of people who believed the same things as I do.  It was great to have liked minded people all gathered in one place with the intent of worship.  Wonderful it was.  It was like a small glimpse of what Heaven may be like.  Hundreds of people all gathered together with the same purpose. 

The ride home was hysterical.  My MIL was tired, as  it was after 11pm before we left the Hershey area....well past her bedtime.  She started singing kid's nursery rhymes.  Tim wanted out of the car.  We didn't get all the words right which made it even funnier.  Yeah, it was a fun ride home. 

Home at 2am and back up at 10am to go to the church for the kid's Easter Egg Hunt.  The kids had a great time and we hid over 200 eggs for them.  They got to do a craft, have lunch and the puppets even showed up to teach a lesson about what Easter is really all about.  I think everyone had a great time.  I know I did.

It is now 3pm and I need a nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.