2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, March 16, 2012

God's House

The last two weeks have been unbelievable.  It's hard to put into words what it has been like.  I think the easiest way to explain it is that it has been like being in a coma for 20 years and waking up to discover how much of the world around you has changed.  I am discovering new things daily.

 After my close encounter with God on March 4th, I knew God had done something amazing, but the fleshly, carnal part of me was still in doubt a little.  I had an experience that made me realize that what I was experiencing was truly a miraculous work of God.  I was asked to help someone out, to take a backseat and not be in charge.  Now, the old Emily would have balked at that.  The old me would have literally gotten sick to her stomach at the thought of not being in control and in charge.  Guess what???  It didn't faze me.  I felt nothing in my stomach.  I did what was asked of me without even as much as a flinch of the old me.  AMAZING!!!!  It didn't dawn on my lightening fast mind right at that point.  It was later on during worship that I realized what had happened.  I couldn't believe it.  I  knew right then that God had truly changed me.  He had gone in and taken out the old Emily and replaced her with someone fantastic.  The new Emily is still all awonder and the way that she sees the world.

I feel like someone who is going through AA.  There are steps that God is having me take to rebuilt relationships and bridges that I destroyed in my selfishness.  I have gone and apologized to my MIL and to my husband for things that I should never have done.  I was scared.  I won't lie about that.  Having to humble yourself and admit your mistakes is a scary thing, but has such amazing outcomes.  I am slowly rebuilding the things that I destroyed.  I know that it won't be easy.  But nothing good comes easy right?

I began a Bible study by Max Lucado the other night about Embracing God and drawing closer to Him.  The first two lessons are on God's House.  When we pray, we enter into God's dwelling place.  God wants to converse and commune with us.  In our prayer time, we get to experience God's environment.  What a wonderful thought. 

One of the questions that Max asked was,  "If God's house was in your neighborhood, what would it look like?"  Good question.  I thought about it and came up with this answer.  I believe that if God's house was here in Ransom, PA, it would be a most unassuming house.  No grandure.  Even though God is the God of the universe, he isn't presumptuous.  He isn't grandiose.  I think the house would be like many of the other houses here in town.  The outside would be nice, but nothing spectacular.  When you look upon it, you would feel  welcome.  There would be an overwhelming urge to enter into this house.  I think there would be beautiful gardens surrounding the house with lots of wildlife running through the yard.  You have the choice as to enter or not.  No one will make you enter God's house.  But, the amazing thing is that when you do chose to enter the house, it will take your breathe away.  The inside is where you will find the opulance of God's majesty.  Inside the house is where you find the splendor of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  But until you enter God's house you will never know. 

Would you willingly enter into that house?  Would you want to discover what is on the outside of that normal looking house?  Do you desire to see what is inside a house that looks so unassuming?  I did...try it, you might be surprised at what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.