2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Adventure

This is a first for me.  I am going to enter a design challenge call.  This is where a stamp company sends out a request for people to submit their work and if they are picked, they will get to be a guest designer for that company.  I am nervous but am going to do it anyway.  Let's see what happens.  I have to submit three different cards, so here they are:






This card is called "Dream".  I used and Eiffel Tower stamp from Studio G to do the background.  I stamped the towers in two different shades of brown.  I also used a cancelled postal stamp.  I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink the edges.  The DP is from the DCWV Heritage collections.  I tied a deep chocolate grograin ribbon around the middle and matted the focal image on Chocolate Chip SU Cardstock.

This one is a "Tattoo and Teapots" card.  I downloaded an image sheet of tattoos and colored them in using alcohol ink markers.  I used Worn Lipstick Distress ink for the edges.  The title is a tattoo font from my computer matted on black cardstock and pop dotted up for dimension.






This card is made with a cute stamped angel.  I used alcohol ink markers to color in the image after stamping it with Staz-On in black.  I matted on a medium blue cardstock.  The rhinestones are from Recollections.  I sponged a cloud design on the card base itself.  The ribbon is from AC Moore.

This is a card I made for a challenge on Teapot Tuesdays on SCS.  I hand drew the Morse Code panel and the King is from DCWV Heritage stack.  The pig is from a Gina K Designs collection and the boom box is a Recollections stamp.  I used Vintage Photo ink to age all edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.