2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Who I Am

Who am I?  Some people find themselves asking this very question.  What am I really?  I used to think that I was what and who people said I was.  That is not the case.  I have been called stupid, fat, ugly, dumb, worthless, undeserving, a waste of space and time, and a number of other words.  These words shaped my view of who I was.  These were hurtful words, and after hearing them for so long, you tend to pretend they don't hurt anymore.  But, even under the veneer of the mask I wore, these words still had a profound impact on my self esteem. 

As I grew older, I realized that the old saying, "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you", was a lie.  Scars from sticks and stones can heal, but the scars left behind from hurtful words never heal.

As I approach the backside of 40, I realize that I am a great person.  I have alot to offer.  Yes, anyone can see that I am a big, beautiful woman, but that doesn't change who I am.  I have been given the gift of gab as well as a gift of creativity.  I am a daughter, friend, wife, mother, taxi driver, washer woman, cook, confidant, disciplinarian, maid, daughter in law, playmate, lover, and now, blogger. But most of all, I am a blood bought, blood washed, Holy Spirit filled child of the Most High God and I am what God says I am.  I have been bought with a price.  I am treasured, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I am the temple of the Holy Spirit, and I am worth it.  Some days I don't feel like it, but I can't rely on my feelings.  I must rely on my faith to see me through.

So, the next time you wonder "Who am I?"  Don't look to the world's point of view.  Turn to God's point of view and your point of view will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.