2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Thursday, September 29, 2011

God's Grace and Mercy

As I sat here writing the second half of my testimony I thought about all that I had endured.  For some it isn't alot for they have been through far worse.  For others, they can't imagine the devestation.  But in truth, it has been my journey.  It is only by the Grace of God that I survived.  God's grace is defined as Him not giving us what we truly deserve.  His grace is given, it can't be earned for we are not worthy of it.  God loved me even back when I didn't love Him.  For that, I warrant punishment.  But, He chose to give me grace.  He chose to forgive me for turning away.  While going through my experience has been difficult, without God's grace it would have been unbearable.  I thank God for His grace.  It is new every morning as is His mercy.  Mercy is defined as giving us what we don't deserve.  What I truly deserve is life in hell.  What  I deserve is punishment for my sins.  But God!!!  God is His infinite love for me has chosen to show me mercy.  

In His mercy and grace, He kept me from having to identify Jimmy's body.  In His mercy and grace, He allowed to me get my voice back.  In His grace and mercy, He has given me second chances.  Through His grace and mercy I have learned to trust in Him.  Through His grace and mercy I have become a survivor. 

When Jesus was on that Old Rugged Cross, He looked through the years and saw me and loved me anyway.  He knows my failings, my issues, my idiosynchrises, my faults, and my incompleteness.  He has numbered the very hairs on my head.  He knew me before I was formed and placed in my mother's womb.  He knew every step I would take along my journey and has walked right with me the whole way.

I have learned to be thankful for grace and mercy.  I have learned to be full of grace and mercy for others because of the grace and mercy God has shown me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.