2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First Card of the New Year

Hello there my crafty friends.  It's now 2015 and I am feeling much better and looking forward to a new year.  I'm praying for a much better year.  I do have to have back surgery but that's not for a few months yet.

As some of you know, there have been some changes over at Mark's Finest Papers and their Friends of Speedy TV challenges.  We have done away with some of the challenges, like Simple Salutations and Sketch with a Twist.  The design team members have been switched around and I am now on the Friends of Speedy TV design team.  I'm looking forward to working with some new ladies on this great team.

Our first challenge of the year went live on Monday and the theme is to create a Scenic Card.

I used the Francis Paper Doll set and the Mini Winter stamps to create my card.  I tore pieces of white cardstock and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to mimic snow drifts.  I love doing the paper piecing with these paper dolls.  

We have gone back to a once a week challenge time frame so you have until the 12th of January to get your entry in.  Remember if you use a MFP stamp you will get an additional entry.

Have a wonderful week and God bless you all.

5 comments:

  1. Francis has never looked better! Marvelous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute scenic card. I love that you used the paper doll in your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT scene card Emily! love the way you used the paper doll in it and the way you dressed her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Emily! Love the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Emily :-) Glad to see you back in here :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.