2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 9 of the 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop

So glad to see all of the Horrifying Hoppers.  Are y'all getting tired yet?  I know I'm not.  I can't wait every morning to see what my Wicked Blogger buddies have created.  Remember to stop in and see each one of them..you can get the entire blog roll on the right of this post.  Also, are y'all searching for the hidden images each day?  Make sure to stop by Terra's blog for a list of winners as well as the complete list of rules and sponsors.

Now, on to today's eye candy.  As I have been making my way through the blogs every day, I have been inspired to create some more altered art.  I haven't done but only 4 pieces since I have been scrapbooking and card making, so this makes #4.  It's a wall hanging and my daughter has already called dibs on it.  She wasn't too happy with me because I offered up my Haunted Bird House for a giveaway, but I assured her we would create another one for her room before Halloween, so she was ok with that.

Let me apologize for the darkness of the photo, but i didn't finish this until after 10 pm last night, so I had to use what light I had.  I started with a blank wooden plaque from Wal-mart and painted it flat black.  I used papers from Teresa Collins and American Crafts.  After adhering them to the plaque, I used my Tim Holtz sander and distressed all four edges.  I then inked them with DI Vintage Photo.  Both stamped images are from RSD. (Witch's Cottage and Countess Van Bloot).  I colored them with colored pencils and OMS. On the cottage, I used a gray BIC Marker to add the shadows.  I added some Sakura glitter gel pen to the Countess.  The tree and the bat are from Martha Stewart and are acetate stickers.  The three black flowers are from Wal-mart.

I hope y'all enjoyed your visit today.  Now, get hopping over to Lisa's blog to see what she has in store for ya today.

18 comments:

  1. LOVE your hang! I would call dibs also, this is fabulous! There is so much to see and you know that Countess is just waiting for you to enter her cottage of menace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me look more than once at this. That bat is a sticker? Looks to be flying right off the page.
    if Matney had not called dibs I would cross my fingers for this also to be a giveaway.
    Hey, kids grow up and don't appreciate you. Horrifying Hoppers will love you forever (and ever and ever and...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, FABULOUS! That's one lucky daughter of yours. You really think she's worth it? LOL JK I can see why she wants it. Such wonderful details. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome assemblage, so different and matching at once. I bet this will be doing well in your daughter's room!
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- thanks for doing such a cool project and including my images-great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. Now that I have picked myself up off the floor, I feel so very honored to have my such a wonderful comment from you Rick. This has totally made my day. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  6. Stunning wallhanging you have made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wicked cool wall hanging, love all the details and the layers which are the perfect backdrop for you RSD image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why your daughter claimed it - its stunning! You may have found a new calling - mixed media!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the image combo! what an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Emily...this is great artwork. Love all the components you used and layer to create this great piece. Love all the texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh this is fabulous! Fantastic job! I always end up taking me pics when it is dark too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful altered project! So much fun stuff for my eyes to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning wall hanging! love the images you've chosen and the embellishments are perfect! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! I want to claim it, its not fair that your daughter saw it first! Keep the altered work coming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW... love the Witch's Cottage and Countess Van Bloot, the scene is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.