2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge

Happy Wednesday.  I hope all is well with everyone. Is it still snowing where you live?  I don't think we will ever see spring here in NEPA.

Today, being Wednesday, means a new challenge over at The Crafter's Cafe.  Our new theme is "Vintage/Shabby Chic.   This week, it's Team B's chance to show off some of their projects.  We have an amazing sponsor this week... Rick St. Dennis.  If y'all haven't worked with any of his images, boy are y'all missing out.  I LOVE his images.

I used "I've Got a Right to Sing the Blues" digi to make my project.

I decided not to make a card this week.  This is a 5x7 canvas.  I am going to give it to my MIL for her birthday later this month.  I just have to get a hanger for it.

When I do Rick's images, if they have a lot of detail in them, which most of them do, I print out the image in a 8x10 size.  I then color it, scan it into the computer and print it out at the size I need.  I add my glitter after I print it out in the correct size.  I'm left with the original large colored images, but I can save them in a folder in my desk and if I want to use that image again, I just rescan it into the computer.  I can also frame them and hang them in my craft room.  You can do this with any image that has a lot of detail and you want to make sure you get all the little details that are hard to see. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'm sure I will have more for y'all later today.  Have a wonderful Wednesday and God bless.

Recipe:
Image: Rick St. Dennis
Sentiment: Annie's Little Footprints (Walt Disney)
Coloring Medium: Crayola Colored Pencils, Gamsol, BIC Markers, Sakura Glitter Gel Pens
Cardstock: Hunter Green (given to me by a friend)
Paper: DCWV
Rose Trim: The Paper Studio
Pearl Trim: Jo Ann's
Pearls: Michael's
Roses: Handmade with a punch
Tools: Fiskar's Trimmer, ATG Gun, Scotch Quick Dry Glue, Glossy Accents, Hot Glue, Pop Dots, 5 Petal Flower Punch-EK Success (Large and Medium), X-Cuts Scalloped Rectangle Dies, Cuttlebug

2 comments:

  1. Love how you have used this lovely lady, wonderful sentiment Em. I know it is a canvas, but it would make a wonderful cake topper as well. A wonderful design.

    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat canvas, Emily! I love your tip about printing out the digi and then copying it later on.
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.